How to Hire a Private Investigator in New Jersey
When you require the services of an experienced, licensed private investigator in New Jersey, contact the experts at Investigative Solutions LLC for more details and a FREE consultation. However, if you decide to a hire another firm there are some very important questions you should be asking before engaging their services. Below please find 5 questions you should always ask before hiring a New Jersey private investigator.
1) Are you a licensed private investigator in NewJersey? If a company or investigator is not licensed get away from them. Run don’t walk. Ask for the license number and verify with the NJ State Police here.
2) Are you part of the Better Business Bureau or any state associations? As a client you should always make sure that the
company you hire has been verified by a third party and their credentials are in order. It’s also good to see if many prior clients had complaints.
3) What are you specialties and have you handled cases like mine before? There are many niches in the private investigation industry. Makes sure you hire a professional who has experience in the matter you are seeking assistance.
4) What are your rates and do you provide me with a contract before we start? Licensed private investigators in New Jersey while typically charge by the hour or an agreed upon flat-fee before undertaking an assignment. Most firms require a Retainer Agreement or contract PRIOR to undertaking services on your behalf. Understanding all potential costs before hiring a private investigation agency is a must.
5) What is your availability and how soon can I expect you to undertake my case? Before hiring an investigator it is important to get an estimate when the job will start and how long it will take to complete. This will vary case by case but a professional firm should have an investigative plan that fits in your budget and timetable.