WORKERS COMPENSATION INVESTIGATIONS
Workers’ Compensation abuse is one of the most common problems facing insurance companies. Thousands of individuals abuse these benefits every year. We investigate claims to determine if an employee has faked or exaggerated their injuries. It is our job to determine whether the claim is proved COE (occurred during the Course of Employment) or AOE (Arose Outside of Employment). Our investigation will include locating unreported income or employment at a second job, and attempting to find multiple claims under multiple identities.
If you are suspecting an employee of fraud, look for these 10 possible warning signs:
- No witnesses to the injury.
- Witness statements contradict the claimant’s statements concerning the injury.
- The timing of the injury coincides with a weekend, holiday, retirement, termination, etc.
- The injury relates to a pre-existing condition.
- The claimant waits an inappropriate amount of time to report the injury.
- A medical assessment does not align with the claimant’s report.
- Refusal of treatment.
- The claimant has filed for Workers Compensation in the past.
- The claimant participates in other activities or jobs that could cause a similar injury.
- It is difficult to contact the claimant
Contact us today for a free consultation!